06 January 2011

Meal Three

 Yeah, so I'm about a week behind in posts.  Little Man is constantly on the move these days, which eats up an astonishing amount of my time.  Daddy is working from home today, though, so hopefully I will have a little time to get all caught up!  I'll just date the posts as though I wrote them on the day I made the food.  Cheating?  Of course not.

Parmesan Crusted Salmon with Roasted Veggies

We haven't had fish in a while, and Trader Joe's had a lovely piece of Salmon, so I brought it home (after paying for it, of course!) for dinner.  This recipe is so easy-breezy and is ready in less time than it would take to drive to a restaurant, order it and wait for it.  And my eight-and-a-half month old son even enjoyed it!

2 bulbs fennel, cut into wedges
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 pint cherry tomatoes or diced tomato
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Salmon
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
Salt
Pepper
1 tablespoon butter

1. In a baking pan, toss the fennel, onion and tomatoes with a generous coating of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast at 375° for 30 minutes.





2. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet and sear salmon on one side.  Flip and while second side sears, sprinkle top with Parmesan, salt and pepper.  Cheese should just begin to melt while second side sears.









3. Once vegetables have roasted 30 minutes, add seared salmon to middle of pan and return to oven.  Allow to cook 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and cheese is slightly toasted.





See?  Easy.  So, having salmon tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment